Saturday 28 August 2010

UK gets dedicated gaming channel.


Well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

The gaming trade site MCV is reporting that Ginx, the company behing the Bravo show Gameface, will launch a full channel dedicated to gaming this November for all satellite and cable viewers.

Apparently the early morning shows, or the first shows that appear on the channel depending on how you read it, will cover news and reviews, with later programs going a bit more into detail about the industry, with documentaries and gaming reports.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. If it's well researched and does away with the usual rubbish that you get on shows such as Gameface, i'll probably tune in. Maybe with the huge runaway sucess of the Wii and the floodgates opening to the more "casual" gaming crowd the channel could find an audience.

But what's wrong with having something a bit more......adult? Grown up? I'm in my mid-thirties now, and I would quite happily sit down every week and watch something of the caliber of Gameswipe by Charlie Brooker. But make it all flashy with screeching kids reviewing games and i'll quickly switch channel.

Anyway, i'll report back and give my thoughts when the channel launches later this year. In the meantime, i'll catch up with a few episodes of an old friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment