Some new details on Bioware's space epic Mass Effect 3 details have dribbled out of the pages of the latest Gameinformer magazine. Avert your gaze now, dear reader, if slight spoilers are not your thing.
Apart from these details, I have all I need to know about this game. I'll never look at another leak, video, picture....ANYTHING to do with Mass Effect 3 until the game is released. Mass Effect 2 won the game of 2010 award from this reviewer, and it deserved to be. So...no more Mass Effect 3 news for me.
(Unless there is some dodgy video doing the round of Miranda and Jack getting down and sweaty)
Have a look at what's coming up in the game:
- Game begins with Shepard on Earth
- Shepard is on trial in regard to the events of Arrival
- Reapers invade while the trial is happening
- Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
- Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders
- Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down
- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
- The Illusive Man plays a big role
- Cerberus is out to kill Shepard
- Enhanced RPG elements
- More freedom with character skills
- Larger skill trees
- Powers will evolve several times, not just once
- Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list
- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
- All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now,
- There will be limited slots to carry these weapons
- Soldier can carry all weapons at once
- Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will likely be limited to two weapons, three for Vanguard and Infiltrator
- Numerous endings
- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available
- No multiplayer
What do I say?
Bring it the fuck on!!
Mass Effect 3 will be released later this year.